Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Colorful Inspiration

Our colorful Wedding Wednesday series continues this week with help on picking out the perfect color palette for your wedding.  Some brides know exactly what they want from day one. Some don't. I was a mix of both of those. I thought I knew immediately what colors I wanted . . . until I started planning the wedding and realized the color in my mind was nowhere to be found in stores. I was lost. I had no back-up plan. Until I found a gorgeous picture of a bouquet online. The colors were bold and beautiful, and I knew it would be the inspiration for my wedding day. 

At the time, I picked a few colors from the picture to use as accents. This as before I knew about color palette generators, like this one.  Just upload your picture and the generator does the dirty work, picking out the exact shades that are present. 


But what if you don't have an inspiration picture like I did? Where do you go to find the inspiration picture?  There are some great websites out there to help you find the perfect palette.  Kris's Color Stripes is one of my favorites. This blog features artistic images and the color palettes generated from them. Check out this one of a beautiful beaded bracelet.


Colour Lovers is also another great site for getting inspired.  In fact, they even have a section dedicated just to weddings.  Check out their site for palettes, patterns, colors, wedding color discussions and so much more!

Finally, the Inspired Bride is also similar to Kris's Color Stripes.  Inspired Bride also extracts color palettes from beautiful images to help you find the perfect palette.


So there you have it.  Four great ways to find the perfect colors for your wedding day. 

How did you find the colors for your wedding? Did you use a palette generator? Were you inspired by a beautiful image? Tell us all about it. Or contact us if you need help finding the perfect palette for your big day.

No comments:

Post a Comment