Monday, October 19, 2009

Party with a Purpose

October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month.  Two women in my own family faced this battle, and I know countless others outside my family who have been affected as well.  So today I wanted to tell you all about some great events and happenings in Chicago in honor of this month.


Next Wednesday is the 1st Annual Many Faces of Breast Cancer event.  It's being held from 6:30 - 8:30 p.m. at the Wyndam Chicago on St. Clair.  This is a celebration of survivors to raise awareness.  For more information, click here.

This article from Time Out Chicago also features a bunch of great deals going on around Chicago.  Bars, restaurants, hotels and more are offering special incentives to customers this month.  Proceeds from these deals will go to support breast cancer research and patients. 

I'll be doing a cancer walk next weekend with my mom, who is a survivor.  (This isn't a Chicago walk, unfortunately.)  Are you doing anything special to signify Breast Cancer Awareness Month? Leave us a comment and let us know.

No comments:

Post a Comment