When planning eco-travel (whether it's a honeymoon, annual family getaway, or corporate retreat), there's a few key aspects to keep in mind.
- Book your stay at a green hotel. Search green hotel directories like Green Hotels Association to find hotels with eco-friendly practices.
- Or check out one of these earth-friendly resorts around the world.
- Eat at restaurants that use local, organic foods.
- Rent a fuel efficient vehicle to get around your destination city.
- Offset the carbon footprint of your trip. By purchasing carbon offsets, you can counteract the emissions of your airfare. Use a site like Sustainable Travel International, where you can enter the miles travelled and other factors of your trip.