Monday, August 2, 2010

Make It Yours Monday: Creative Nametags

One of my favorite parts about going to events (and planning them!) is meeting new people.  Special events are a great time for meeting people because everyone's in a festive mood and eager to socialize. But the hardest part about meeting all those new faces is trying to remember everyone's names.  Nametags seem like an easy solution, but they're so boring and generic. 

Well, Offbeat Bride has come up with another great solution! Custom nametags can help your guests remember the names of the people they meet in a fun and creative way.  The tags featured on Offbeat Bride not only introduce the guest, but also give their relation to the host or guest of honor.  And they add a fun fact to get guests talking!


Now, we love love love the idea of adding the guest's relation to the host/guest of honor, especially for a huge event like a wedding where you have two families coming together for the first time. And the "If I were" line is so fun for getting your guests to interact. Don't worry about finding an original fact for each nametag. Just find a list that works for your group.  Play off the theme of the event or the guest list or just go totally random and fun.  Here's a few fun-facts lines that we came up with:

If I were on a reality TV show, I'd be on ___
If I were in the breakfast club, I'd be the ___
If I were a state, I'd be ___
When I was little, I wanted to be a ___
My first pet was named ___
If I could travel anywhere in the world, I'd go to ___
My childhood nickname was ___
If I could pick a super-power, I'd be ___

So get creative and have fun coming up with custom nametags for your next event!

No comments:

Post a Comment