However, we suggest going green by opting for fake flowers. I know, I know...fake flowers conjur up images of waxy, plasticy, dust-collecting crap in the back corner of a craft store. Rest assured, we do not want to go that route! We've found a beautiful collection of unique and inspired blooms that are all reusable.
Peppermint Cloud (on etsy.com) has a beautiful collection of custom-made floral accessories for the bride-to-be and her maids.
Yande Bride (also on etsy.com) offers an array of ring pillows, garters, and flower girl baskets with gorgeous home-made details.
Feeling creative? Want to make your own table decor? Check out this simple tutorial to make stunning colorful bouquets.
Looking for a real eco-chic look? Get crafty with a mix of paper flowers and the real deal. Tutorial found here.
- They are more affordable.
- They can be donated or sold to another bride to be reused.
- They can be repurposed into a fashion accessory or home decor.
- They never wilt, die or need water and sunlight.
- They can be made months in advance.
- They don't take a toll on the environment by harvesting plants or requiring out-of-season cross-country delivery.
- You can DIY and save even more money.
- You can get exactly the colors/style you want without blowing your budget.
- Fabric is never out of season.
- They are beautiful and will wow your guests!