Monday, March 22, 2010

Cooking Up a Unique Wedding Favor

Let's face it, lots of wedding favors are junk!  I can't tell you how many times I've brought home some mass-produced piece of plastic "memorabilia" that sits on my counter for a week before I toss it in the garbage.  Sometimes I wonder why people even bother doing these kinds of favors.  My favorite favors are the kind with a personal touch, the kind that relfect the couple and mean something to the guests.  When I discovered the wedding favor that Emily and Nick gave their guests, I had to share it. 


Emily and Nick, who have been blogging about cooking for 3+ years now, created a cookbook of family recipes as a gift for their guests. The recipes were from each of their families, as well as ones that they had come up with together.  This was a major DIY project that used 2,500 sheets of paper and 20 ink cartridges. But the personal touch is what makes it such a great project and a cherished gift. 

What about you? What favors did you give your wedding guests? Did you add a personal touch like Nick and Emily? Leave us a comment to share your experience. If you need help creating the perfect favor for your guests, email us at info@wevegotitchicago.com to see how we can help!

No comments:

Post a Comment